- Serves: 4
- Preparation: 15 mins
- Cooking: 15 mins
Beef chuck braised in in the oven with carrots, onion, garlic served with peas, green beans and parsley on top of creamy polenta.
- 4 porterhouse steaks, fat trimmed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 200g punnet grape tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 4 eggs
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 baby cos lettuce, washed and spun dry Herb vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp each red and white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
Place steaks on a plate. Combine basting sauce ingredients with 1 tbsp olive oil in a small bowl and brush onto both sides of the steak. Preheat a BBQ to hot and cook steak for 3 minutes each side, rest and slice. Place green beans in a medium bowl and pour over boiling water, allow to sit for 3-4 minutes until cooked but still a little crisp, then drain and refresh in iced water. Place eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water, bring to the boil then lower heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes. Drain and cover with cold water. Peel and quarter. Combine vinaigrette. Assemble salad ingredients. Top with beef and eggs. Pour over vinaigrette.
Sourced from Meat & Livestock Australia