- Serves: 4
- Preparation: 20 mins
- Cooking: 10 mins
- 4 x 200g sirloin steaks, trimmed
- 2 tbsp lemon pepper
- 850g watermelon, peeled and cut into 3cm pieces
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 3 baby beetroot, trimmed with 2cm stem attached, peeled, very thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 cup watercress, loosely packed, leaves only
- ½ cup mint, leaves only
- Sourdough bread, aged red wine vinegar and olive oil, to serve
Brush steaks with oil and sprinkle each side with the pepper mixture; season to taste.
To make the salad, place watermelon, beans, beetroot, onion, watercress and herbs in a large bowl. Drizzle with red wine vinegar and olive; season to taste and toss to combine.
Preheat a barbecue or char grill pan to high. Meanwhile, cook the steaks on one side until the first sign of moisture appears. Turn the steak once only. Test for the degree of doneness with tongs. Rare is soft, medium feels springy and well done is very firm.
Remove the steaks from the heat, loosely cover with foil and allow to rest for 2-4 minutes before serving.
Divide salad among plates and top with pepper crusted sirloin steaks. Serve with sourdough bread.
Sourced from Meat & Livestock Australia