- Serves: 4
- Preparation: 15 mins
- Cooking: 10 mins
Beef chuck braised in in the oven with carrots, onion, garlic served with peas, green beans and parsley on top of creamy polenta.
- 600g sirloin steak, fat trimmed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 350g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3mm slices
- 4 medium zucchinis, sliced lengthways into 5mm slices
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, plus grated zest of a lemon
- 150g rocket leaves
- 30g parmesan cheese, shaved
- 20g toasted pine nuts
Brush each steak lightly with oil.
Preheat the barbecue to hot before adding the steak. The steak should sizzle as it makes contact with the plate or grill.
Cook one side until the first sign of moisture appears on the upper side, turn and cook the other side. Turn once only for rare and medium.
Test for doneness with tongs. Rare is soft when pressed, medium is springy but still soft and well done is very firm. Remove steak and cover loosely, rest in a warm place for a few minutes before serving.
Sourced from Meat & Livestock Australia