- Serves: 4
- Preparation: 15 mins
- Cooking: 100 mins
Beef chuck braised in in the oven with carrots, onion, garlic served with peas, green beans and parsley on top of creamy polenta.
- 600g chuck steak, fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 tbsp oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped (optional)
- 450g packet long grain microwave rice
- 4 large wholegrain tortillas
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 2 truss tomatoes, diced
- Shredded iceberg lettuce, coriander sprigs, sour cream, lime wedges, to serve
In a large casserole dish or saucepan heat the oil over medium heat and cook the onion for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the spices and cook for 1 minute. Add the beef and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Add the chipotle sauce, oregano and ¾ cup water. Season, stir well and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 1 ½ hours or until beef is tender. Remove from heat and stir through the chocolate, if using.
Meanwhile, prepare rice according to packet instructions.
Warm tortillas according to packet instructions. Sprinkle with cheese.
Top the tortillas with rice, beans, beef mixture, avocado, tomatoes, lettuce, and coriander sprigs. Wrap up the burrito to enclose the filling and serve with sour cream and lime wedges.
Sourced from Meat & Livestock Australia