- Serves: 4
- Preparation: 10 mins
- Cooking: 5 mins
- 600g 1.5cm thick beef steaks of your choice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Turkish bread loaf, cut into 4, split, toasted
- 2 tbsp whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 225g can beetroot slices, drained
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 227g can pineapple rings, drained
- ¼ cup (60ml) barbecue sauce
Preheat a barbecue or large char-grill pan over medium-high heat. Rub steaks with oil and season. Cook steaks for 4-5 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes.
Spread base of bread with mayonnaise and top with lettuce, beetroot, tomato, pineapple and steak. Top with barbecue sauce. Place bread lid on top and serve.
Sourced from Meat & Livestock Australia