- Serves: 4
- Preparation: 30 mins
- Cooking: 20 mins
Beef chuck braised in in the oven with carrots, onion, garlic served with peas, green beans and parsley on top of creamy polenta.
- 800g beef skirt steak
- 1 small brown onion, roughly chopped
- 75ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ bunch coriander, including stalks
- 1 yellow capsicum, seeds and stem removed, sliced thickly lengthwise
- 1 red capsicum, seeds and stem removed, sliced thickly lengthwise
- 2 brown onions, sliced thinly into rounds
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil 400g tin borlotti beans, rinsed
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
Place marinade ingredients in a food processor and process until finely chopped and almost a paste. Marinate steak for at least 30 minutes in the marinade blend or up to two hours.
Preheat a char grill over high heat . Remove meat from marinade and wipe off what you can. Cook steak pieces 2 minutes on each side for medium rare or 5 minutes for medium and set aside to rest. Wipe pan with paper towel and do not change temperature of pan.
In a mixing bowl, toss capsicum, and onion with oil, salt and pepper then add to chargrill pan. Cook for 8-10 minutes until very soft, add tomatoes and cook until grilled and softened, adding the balsamic vinegar toward the end. Place rocket leaves on a platter, top with caramelized vegetables and beans, then add avocado slices and top with thinly sliced steak. Drizzle with some extra balsamic and olive oil and serve.
Sourced from Meat & Livestock Australia